Friday, September 21, 2018

8A – Solving The Problem


Assignment 8A – Solving The Problem

  • My product has to do with skin care and acne. 
  • I would like to have a product that is gentle, easy to use, and specifically made for a diverse group of users.
  • Here are some versions of my idea:
    • Foam-like wash: This product would be easy on the skin and not cause irritation. I would imagine it similar to a bath bomb. I would also like it to be a moisturizer specifically made for the exact skin type of the user. This product would be made of organic, healthy products but would be able to alter itself to fit the needs of any skin type. 
    • Skin healer: This product would minimize the effects of bruising and the discoloring of the skin. It would be applied to areas of cuts or bruises.

  • I want to have a product that can be sold in department stores and beauty stores. Although acne is hard to prevent, my product would fit the need of a ton of teenagers and young adults that suffer from acne and breakouts.
  • Stores would want to buy my product because skin care products and skin care routines have increased in popularity lately. 

3 comments:

  1. Ramar,

    Good follow up to testing your hypothesis! I like the two products you came up with and think they can be suitable for a lot of different skin types. I think in order to make this opportunity stick you have to find something really unique that has to do with the face wash to differentiate it from the multiple existing foaming face washes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ramar,
    I actually genuinely enjoyed reading about your idea because I love skin care and organic products. Part of me thinks this would be a very competitive market but then another part of me thinks that if you tackle this just right, you could be successful. I think a huge part of success with this market is social media and the packaging because honestly that is what draws me into products like this. Personally, I have sensitive skin and I have struggled with acne battles like a lot of students our age, but I find my skin is the best when I use the most simple products. This would be so fun to research!! I'm gonna check back in to your other posts.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sydney Hisaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ramar,
    There is always going to be a market for effective skin care. An organic product that is manufactured to be used by a wide range and diverse consumer market would be a winner from many angles. The buss word today is organic as many people are trying to simplify, eliminate artificial ingredients, and return to basics in all areas of living. Your hypothesis was well supported. You should pursue this idea. Good luck!
    Best,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete