Assignment 14A – Halfway Reflection
- Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
- I have had to utilize my time management skills whenever I complete work for this class. I try to watch the lecture on the day that they are recorded in order to stay on track for the week. I also have honed my social skills in order to interview the required people nearly every other week.
2. Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
- Once when I was having a bad week, I felt like giving up. I did not want my assignments to pile up on me, so I had to pull through. Knowing that I will be helping myself if I do my assignments pulled me through. I feel like ENT has helped me develop a tenacious attitude in general. Having a heavy workload that needs to be done in a short amount of time has contributed to my tenacious attitude.
3. Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester’s student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset'?
- 1. I will tell you to do your assignments as early as possible and don’t wait until the last minute. Do your work ahead of time so that you have more time to do the things you really enjoy.
- 2. College is hard. I suggest developing a study plan and an overall schedule of your life so that you do not stress and have a breakdown. This will definitely develop a tenacious mindset that is needed at this university.
- 3. I would suggest networking and getting to know a variety of people. In this class, you’ll meet many people who are business students or are interested in business. You will have someone to keep you accountable for your work.

Hi Ramar,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post this week! I agree with you that the amount of assignments in this course really encourages time management and it has helped tremendously with social skills. I really liked your three tips at the end, I think they are all valuable ones that students should take into account. And I love the picture you posted, very true!
Hi Ramar,
ReplyDeleteI agree that the number of assignments required for this course seem a bit overwhelming at first, but now I realize that each assignment is really a continuation of one main idea, our business idea, and outlining the steps of how to make that idea become a reality. This class has also forced me to focus more on the importance of time management. I had some common roommate conflict, on top of some health issues which threw me off course for a couple of weeks. This is my first business course, and your advice of "getting the assignments done early," speaks volumes. Best, Emily