Friday, September 7, 2018

3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story



3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story


To begin with, I have had the chance to be exposed to entrepreneurship while I was in high school. I had to do an internship in high school, so I chose to do a civil engineering internship. My boss was a civil engineer who opened a civil engineering planning business. He used to work for a bigger firm and decided that he did not like working at the firm. He started up a consulting business and organizes and manages the entire business. I helped my boss by organizing spreadsheets that contained the budget and all his expenses for his business. I have also attended client meetings with him that showed me the various fields that interact with a civil engineering business. Although I am not in the engineering field, I gained a lot of experience from the internship and from my boss. 

Secondly, I enrolled in ENT3003 because I would like to learn more about what it means to be an entrepreneur and what it takes to be one. I think it would be a good class to take as a business student.   I would also like to debunk any entrepreneurship myths along the way. I want a better understanding of the subject, even if I have preconceptions about what entrepreneurship is. Overall, I want to have an enjoyable experience in this entrepreneurship class. 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Ramar,
    Wow, it is interesting that you had to do an internship in high school. Was that for a program at your school or a class? My high school did not require an internship, but one class required students to shadow or learn from a mentor. Like you said, even though you are not in engineering, I think having the internship you did was still very valuable because you got to see how a business works and that gives you more diverse experiences for your future. I feel like we just recently started this class and have already learned so much--I'm excited to learn more as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sydney,

      I had to do the internship as part of a career class. Thank you for asking!

      Regards,
      Ramar

      Delete