Friday, September 28, 2018

9A – Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2


Assignment 9A- Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2

    • Who: From my interviews, I realized that there are groups of people that do not fit inside of my market. These people would be those who do not have skin problems and are not affected by acne. Also, the ones who already have established skin care routines do not have the need for my product. One of my interviewees stated that it took a long time to find the perfect skin care products for her and that she did not have the need for a skin care product anymore. Nevertheless, she stated that many people have an unmet meet for the product.
    • Interview number two (a freshman) said that he does not have time to use a skin care product since he is always busy with school work and he does not schedule enough downtime.
    • The interviewees that seem the most interested in my product are female upperclassmen. One of the male interviewees said that he would not use it since he does not use skin care products.
    • What: The problem is that acne and skin care issues are inevitable. Stress, puberty, and hormones are all huge contributing factors to acne. 
    • Why: The need is not different. It just depends on if the person wants to take the necessary steps to prevent acne or if they already have a skin care routine. 
Inside the Boundary                Outside the Boundary


Who:                       Teenagers and adults who care         Teenagers and adults who don't
                                about their skin                                  care about their skin

                                Teenagers and adults who need        Teenagers and adults who already
                                 the product                                       have skin care products/routines


What:                       To prevent acne while using            To completely cure acne
                                 natural products



Why:                        There aren't a lot of products           People want to feel good
                                 that are natural and specific to         about themselves
                                 certain skin types





3 comments:

  1. Hi Ramar,
    I like how you noted that the people outside of your boundary are not only those who do not experience acne, but also those who already have a skin care routine or don't care to buy products to have one. I think it is interesting that you noted that it is primarily female and upperclassmen--I'm not as much surprised about the female but the upperclassmen part I don't know if I could guess the reason why. Maybe your product should try to reach the outside somehow--this could be done by teaching people why they need a skin care routine.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ramar,
    It looks like you got great interviews and insight this week. I was not surprised that it seemed like males were not interested in the product, or that people claim that they don't have enough time for a skincare routine. I think that if you can develop a single face wash where no other steps are needed, it would appeal more to this demographic because all you need is one minute to cleanse your face. I really like how you identified who was inside and outside the boundary, they all make sense for your product and makes it clear to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ramar,
    Your interviews support the fact that a large majority of females always have an interest in skincare routines. I also feel a simplified routine would attract the most buyers. A simple routine, like a one-step process, would get the attention of more of the male market. I like how you identified in your "outside the boundary" that your product would not sure acne, but is actually a skin care routine to prevent acne. It seems like the thing to do to increase market share, is to increase the market first--by attracting more males with a more simple product.
    Best,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete