Friday, September 7, 2018

Assignment 2A- Bug List


Assignment 2A- Bug List


  1. When your phone freezes and it does not respond to your touch.
WHY it exists: the phone may be taking on too much information at once, it is crashing essentially.

  1. When the RTS bus becomes too full and it gets super packed.
WHY it exists: The bus system is very efficient and can only do so much to prevent an overflow of people. It exists because numerous people want to go to the same place at the same time that live in the same area.

  1. When the person in front of you is driving under the speed limit.
WHY it exists: The person that is driving slow possibly is driving like that out of caution. They do not want to go fast and end up in an accident.

  1. When you are checking out and the cashier hands you your change so you have to hurry and stuff the coins in your wallet.
WHY it exists: The cashier must provide a timely check-out and not back up the line.

  1. When it is rainy outside and your socks become soaked.
WHY it exists: Wearing a different type of shoe, such as boots, will prevent your socks from getting soaked.

  1. When you are listening to music with earphones and the door ends up yanking them out of your ears.
WHY it exists: Getting too close to the door handle and not paying attention to your surroundings may cause this.

  1. When you are putting a USB into a computer and it doesn't go in the first time, then you flip it and it still doesn't go in.
WHY it exists: It is a matter of probability. There is a certain chance that you get the USB in correctly on the first try.

  1. When you go to various places to get a frappé and all of them are out or don't sell frappés.
WHY it exists: Frappés were in high demand and the restaurant ran out. Frappés are not what the target customers drink at other restaurants.

  1. When you walk into the kitchen and suddenly forget why you came in the first place.
WHY it exists: When you walk through a doorway, you forget things.

  1. When you are rushing to be on time and you keep hitting every single red light.
WHY it exists: The civil engineer who made the program planned for the lights to be red at a certain time. It just happened to be when you were late that the stoplights all were programmed to turn red.

  1. When the water in the shower isn't hot enough.
WHY it exists: The hot water could have been used earlier by someone else.

  1. Not having enough change or being off by one penny.
WHY it exists: You run out of change and cannot always predict how much your total will be.

  1. People chewing with their mouths open.
WHY it exists: Some people get into the habit of doing this or were not taught that this is seen as unpleasant.

  1. When you're running low on gas and there is no gas station nearby.
WHY it exists: The gas tank wasn’t filled up beforehand, waiting until the last minute causes this issue.

  1. When people leave you on read.
WHY it exists: People have various reasons to not reply to your text. They may be busy or just aren’t that interested in who they are talking to.

  1. Someone talking obnoxiously loud in public.
WHY it exists: The person does not know they are talking loud. The person may be angry or feeling a certain way, so they express it by being loud. Also, the person may be looking for attention.

  1. Tripping over yourself.
WHY it exists: You think that there is something in front of you and trip. There a possibility of you just being clumsy and not having enough coordination to keep yourself balanced.

  1. Not having enough money in your bank account.
 WHY it exists: There may be a variety of reasons why you don’t have money in your bank account. For instance, you could be poor at saving. You could splurge a ton on going out and being reckless. Also, you could not have a job that provides an income that is sustainable.

  1. Taking a nap that is longer than expected.
WHY it exists: An alarm is not set in order to wake up at the desired time. Similarly, you oversleep and don’t hear the alarm at all.

  1. Spilling something on you while wearing white.

WHY it exists: You weren’t careful enough while eating or drinking to prevent the spill. It just happens to be the day you wore white.

Reflection: 
This assignment was slightly difficult since I am not used to thinking about minor inconveniences and why they might occur. Once I had a few bugs down, I got writer's block and could not think of any more bugs. For inspiration, I just thought of some inconveniences that have happened to me during the worst possible time. By understanding the underlying cause of the issue, you gain more understanding of the issue itself. Having an entrepreneur's mindset allows you to see problems differently. In all, the perspective that this assignment asked for is interesting and allowed me to question the way I see the world and its issues. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ramar,
    I appreciate how specific you were with your bugs that you described. I agree with most of your bugs, but the one that related to me most was spilling on yourself while wearing white. I am very clumsy but also love wearing white more than any other color which doesn't mix well together. I thought your bug about people driving slow was a little funny, because I am a very slow driver because I get scared when I drive--but I would get annoyed by myself too. I am glad we got to explore this activity and like you said the entrepreneurship mindset allows us to see problems in a good light.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ramar,
    I related to many of your bugs. The one I related to the most was the red traffic lights when you are in a rush. I think this is a problem on Museum road all the time here in Gainesville. The city of GNV has limited tax revenue, so I think one solution would be to have current civil engineer students do a project on traffic congestion in the city to help alleviate some of the mistiming.
    Best,
    Grant

    ReplyDelete