Assignment 25A- What’s Next?
What I Think Is Next:
I think that I will expand my set of products for this venture. I want to include products such as shampoo, conditioner, and other types of products of that sort. This would open up my market to a ton of new buyers and I would make more profit if I had a wider buyer's market.
Reflection:
After receiving feedback from my three interviewees, I saw how much good input that I could get from potential consumers in my potential market. I am glad that I got the chance to get new ideas on how to move forward with my product.
What makes sense to do is create another skin care product such as lotion or something that could pair well with the Smart Wash foam face wash. I believe that since my products will be harmless and animal-cruelty free, they will gain more of a market. I will also use organic ingredients in my lotions if I decide to expand from face wash to lotion.
New Market:
I think a new market would be men. Although a lot of women use skin care products, I could start marketing my newer products towards men. I could include a different variety of scents and packaging for the face wash so that men can alleviate their acne without having to worry about whether the packaging looks weird or too flashy. I think marketing towards men would allow for more sales since men also would want to take care of their acne issues.
Reflection:
I thought that marketing just to men for my new market would get more sales instead I decided to cater to both audiences from the feedback I received from the interviews that I had. I figured from my interviews that I would be limiting my market if I just marketed my products to men.
I think it would be a better idea to showcase my product to both men and women and make the packaging gender neutral. By doing this, I do not have to market specifically to men or women, I would just have to market my skin care product to the general public.
I think that I will expand my set of products for this venture. I want to include products such as shampoo, conditioner, and other types of products of that sort. This would open up my market to a ton of new buyers and I would make more profit if I had a wider buyer's market.
Reflection:
After receiving feedback from my three interviewees, I saw how much good input that I could get from potential consumers in my potential market. I am glad that I got the chance to get new ideas on how to move forward with my product.
What makes sense to do is create another skin care product such as lotion or something that could pair well with the Smart Wash foam face wash. I believe that since my products will be harmless and animal-cruelty free, they will gain more of a market. I will also use organic ingredients in my lotions if I decide to expand from face wash to lotion.
New Market:
I think a new market would be men. Although a lot of women use skin care products, I could start marketing my newer products towards men. I could include a different variety of scents and packaging for the face wash so that men can alleviate their acne without having to worry about whether the packaging looks weird or too flashy. I think marketing towards men would allow for more sales since men also would want to take care of their acne issues.
Reflection:
I thought that marketing just to men for my new market would get more sales instead I decided to cater to both audiences from the feedback I received from the interviews that I had. I figured from my interviews that I would be limiting my market if I just marketed my products to men.
I think it would be a better idea to showcase my product to both men and women and make the packaging gender neutral. By doing this, I do not have to market specifically to men or women, I would just have to market my skin care product to the general public.
Hi Ramar,
ReplyDeleteYou were able to get really valuable interviews for this assignment. I agree that you would be limiting your market if you decided to only market your products to men. Since you are pursuing skincare, this is something that everyone can use and your possible marketshare will be much larger if you cater to a wider audience. I think you reached a great conclusion and should run with it!
Hi Ramar,
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of expanding your product line because it sounds like the products would be good. I would make sure to focus on the SmartWash first until that is a profitable business. I agree that the wash should be marketed to both men and women. However, having a men's line and separate marketing might be good for the whole line of lotion (non traditionally men bought) stuff.
Grant
Hi Ramar,
ReplyDeleteExpanding your line to include shampoo, conditioner, and a lotion or even astringent or moisturizer to go along with the Smart Wash is a great idea. Again, these products would have to be in keeping with the organic theme. I think that this is what makes you skin care unique from other lines. Best, Emily