Assignment 28A- Your Exit Strategy
Identify the exit strategy you plan to make. Do you intend to sell your business in the next 5 years for a large return? Do you intend to stay with the business for several decades and retire? Do you intend to protect the venture as a family business, and pass it down to your children?
- My plan is to stay with Smart Wash and while doing that I can plan what my next business will be. When I am done making enough money and discovering another business venture, I will sell the business to another or company that can manage it with the same principles I have.
Why have you selected this particular exit strategy?
- I chose this strategy because it allows me to venture into other opportunities after I finish my first business. I have a lot of business ideas that I would like to potentially work on, and selling my business gives me the opportunity to do just that.
How do you think your exit strategy has influenced the other decisions you've made in your concept? For instance, has it influenced how you have identified an opportunity? Has it influenced your growth intentions or how you plan to acquire and use resources?
- Since I would like to have the opportunity to expand into other ventures, I am more open to networking with different kinds of people. I want people to see that I am open to different opportunities and ideas so that I can contact them in case I need them in the near future.
Hi Ramar,
ReplyDeleteI like how you do not have a defined time line for selling the business but rather take it as the business develops and see if any other ideas come along. I think that networking along the way will help you develop the current business and decide if you want to pursue any other activities.
Grant
Hi Ramar,
ReplyDeleteWe both seem to have the same plan for the future of our businesses. I agree that selling Smart Wash to another company (probably a larger company) is a good way to attain the capital you'll need to bring another idea to life. It's smart that you will take your time to come up with another business idea, before selling Smart Wash. I also like how you mentioned that whoever buys your company will be charged with running it with your same principles. Best, Emily