Assignment 19A- Idea Napkin No. 2
- Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
- My name is Ramar Huntley. After having a conversation with 5 people close to me, I am someone with strong skills in connecting with people on a personal level. Also, I am very good at listening to others' problems.
- If I were to start this business, it would be a small but significant role in my life. Creating skin care products could be one of my side-businesses. It would not take much effort in connecting to people with acne issues.
- What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
- This part has changed but not entirely. I am offering my product to individuals who need help clearing up their acne. I am solving the unmet needs of individuals by providing a skin care product that does not contain harmful products and that does not irritate their skin.
- Based on my feedback, I am specifying that my products contain 4 ingredients which can be combined with additional ingredients for specific skin types. The consumer will take a survey to indicate which skin type he or she has. From there, the algorithm will decide which product works best and they have an option to have a sample delivered to them.
- Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
- I am targeting students that are aged 12-24. Middle school (starting puberty), high school (experience constant acne), and college students (also experiencing acne) will be targeted. Most of these students will be female and also men who are interested in using the product.
- Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
- Individuals care because the product will not be harmful to the skin. Also, the products will not be animal tested, something that is very important when deciding which skin product to use. Individuals will not have to go through the trouble of buying multiple products that end up not even working with their skin type. Natural products and customization make my product unique.
- What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
- My leading competitor would have to be Proactiv. For some people, Proactiv irritates or dries out their skin. To stand out, I can reach out to my connections in the chemical engineering field and marketing field. Using natural products would give me an advantage in the industry.
- In addition to these five elements, please spend a paragraph evaluating whether you believe these elements fit together or whether there are aspects of your business concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the others.
- I am positive that these five elements go together well. I think one element that I could work on is getting more connections in order to help start up my business. Besides that, I would make a great salesperson for Smart Wash.
Feedback Memo:
1. I specified that I would use cruelty-free testing when testing my products.
2. I specified that my products would only use 4 ingredients that are natural.
1. I specified that I would use cruelty-free testing when testing my products.
2. I specified that my products would only use 4 ingredients that are natural.
Hi Ramar,
ReplyDeleteYour idea of using a base of only four natural ingredients and then tweaking that formula to customize for a particular user is an interesting idea. A "no animal testing" mantra is also a plus as most people who live a natural lifestyle would also be against the unnaturalness, and cruelty of animal testing. You be offering a unique, natural, and customized acne treatment to a well outlined target market. Best, Emily